These boys have had the BEST summer!! A summer with nowhere to go and nothing to do! Nothing scheduled (for the most part). No routines. Just free play all day!! They basically drifted between the pool, the playroom, the Lego room, and their bedroom. A steady rotation with hardly any breaks ever- well, of course there was always food breaks!! They are just the best of friends and don't even want to be pulled away to go do anything! Other than SBO at the beginning of June and gymnastics on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, our schedule has been wide open!! I couldn't imagine a better gift for these two! I didn't realize how badly they had missed playing with each other during the school year until they kept saying how much fun they were having together- I don't think they even realized it!!! I didn't have to entertain them all- actually, I was the one who got bored because they just didn't ever want to do anything and I would go hours without seeing them! BEST SUMMER EVER!!!! I've reassured them that school starting doesn't have to mean the end of playing! Our schedule during the week is going to stay pretty slow as well, intentionally. They need this time to unwind, be free, be imaginative, and be together!!!
So very thankful for these two fellas and their very special relationship!! When Wyatt was at the doctor for his school physical, his dr asked him what his favorite thing he did this summer was and he said, "Stay home and play with my brother." She looked at me in shock and said, "I don't think I ever have had a kid give me that answer!" Special kids! :)
Two things from these pictures- they didn't wear shirts this summer and our playroom was in a constant state of "played in." Just like they like it!!





1 comment:
I love kids that play! My whole house looks like these pictures! ;))
I often think what would I do without Jace to keep me busy. Mine are such good players too, I'm very thankful I have J. :) Although, my housework might get done, but what fun is that. ha! Love that state of "played in".
Post a Comment