Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Grant's Musical

The first graders just put on their musical, How Does Your Garden Groove? It might possibly have been one of my very favorite things I have ever watched!!! But I find it highly impossible NOT to smile while listening to little ones sing joyful noises!! But singing AND dancing WHILE wearing costumes really is just the best thing ever!!
We all had been working very hard on the musical for a few weeks- kids and parents alike. I had volunteered at the beginning of the year to help out. I had forgotten about that so when I went to the volunteer meeting and only 2 other moms were there and we found out we basically had to start all the costumes over from scratch, I was a little overwhelmed. I tried my best to stay away from costumes that needed actual sewing, as I have ZERO sewing skills. But thankfully my mom does, so she swooped in and helped me with some of the costumes I had to make! In all, we made 3 lettuces, 3 carrots, 3 peppers, and 4 string beans. I'm slowly starting to regain feeling in my fingertips after burning myself over and over again on hot glue! But I have to say- seeing those little veggies up there all excited and joyful was well worth it!!
Grant had really wanted to the Freddy Farmer! While I guess he was a "main character" he didn't have a whole lot more lines than any other kid. But he really wanted to stand out! Although he was happy to be one of two cabbages and had a line all to himself! Which by the way, he did AMAZING at!!!
A big shout out to his music teacher, Mrs. Morrison. She is so awesome with the kids! Every single one of those kids was excited to be up there, singing and dancing! That says a lot about how hard to works to make music fun!!! Good good stuff!!








1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Oh, I bet it was just adorable!! Grant looks so proud and what a great cabbage he makes. :)) Looks like a fun bunch of vegetables! :) Good job Grant!