My littlest baby boy already 6 years old!! I just can't even believe it! You are the perfect mix between being my baby and being a big kid. Some of the things you do remind me so much of you as a baby/toddler, and some of the things you do give me sneak peaks to you growing up! And I love that! You still love to snuggle, be held, need personal touch, affection, and love on me like you did as a baby. You wake up and come to my bed first thing every morning. You bring your lovey, an animal or too, get under my covers and we snuggle for a few minutes before we start the day. We do this EVERY SINGLE DAY!! I always tell you that one day you won't want to do this anymore and you always so, "No, I still will!" You run to me and jump in my arms when I return from being gone somewhere, even its just coming home from picking up Grant. You have a hard time letting my hand go after I tuck you in each night and you say, "I just don't want you to go yet!" So we hug a little more, snuggle a little more. These moments will stay with me the rest of my life!
You are loving all things school and gymnastics right now! Pretty much the story of your life! While your third year of preschool is probably pretty redundant, you just love it! You enjoy being the oldest (and you tell me you're the smartest too!) and enjoy being quite the teachers pet! You spend most of your time at the art center and building block roads with Sahib and Levi. You still love school games at home! We don't play them as often as we have in years past because you also found another favorite hobby- playing cards! We usually start the morning play a game of Five Crowns or Skip Bo. To watch you play these games is so impressive!!!! Your dad and I both love playing with you! You also love the games of Crazy 8's you and daddy play! You've invented so many crazy versions of the game, I can't even join you guys because I'm so lost!
You are such a good reader! You read to me most nights! We love picking out new books at the library! Most recently, you read your first chapter book- Might Robot! Grant has been checking these books out the past few months and you just HAD to give it a try! And you read all 15 chapters! Super exciting! You are heading to kindergarten in the fall and are just going to do so GREAT!!! You're happy about doing half-day, although I can tell you're torn about it. You say you want to be at school all day because you love school so much, but you're worried you'll miss me too much! Half-day kindergarten is free, so that's where you will be!! I'm happy about that! I'd miss you too much too!
You have excelled in gymnastics these last few months! You're crazy strong and flexible! Watching your meets has been so exciting! You're the littlest guy out there and I'm pretty sure you score points just for being cute! I can't wait to see where this talent takes you!
You are still just the sweetest, most compassionate and sensitive little guy. You don't like anyone to raise their voice at you, even your brother. You just don't like people to be mad at you! You deeply care about other peoples feelings and usually put others before yourself- something I admire so much! You're obedient about 98% of the time! If you ever disobey, it comes as a big surprise to us all! We can always count on you to do the right thing!
You love playing with your brother, but you don't like playing alone! In the mornings, when dad and I are trying to get any work done, you can be found playing the iPad or computer, watching something on the DVR (usually Odd Squad or Max and Ruby), or doing puzzles in the office next to us! You like to go to bed about 7:00 each night and wake up at 7:00 the next morning. You like to eat breakfast about 9:00 and lunch at 11:00. I always joke you're as routined as an old grandpa man!
You're a goofy guy, always talking funny, walking funny, or trying to play jokes on us! You are just an awesome kid and I don't think there's a person in this world who has met you that would say otherwise!
You are my little sweetie pie, handsome heart, baby boy! I love you so very very much! I wish I could bottle you up as you are right now and keep you like this forever! You love and tenderness means the world to me and I hope you guard your heart and protect it so it will always stay that way!
I love you my Wyatt boy!
Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:
What a great picture with that big smile!! Love your description of him, you can tell he's your baby! I'm sure even when he's a lot older he will still be your snuggler. I just know it! ;)) I hope your year is just awesome sweet Wyatt!
Post a Comment