This was the first year we've had to do an additional party for friends. Normally we've only done just family. A few years we've sprinkled in some family AND friends. But typically, its just one big celebration. This year was going to be different though. It was Spring Break. The Broeckelman's weren't coming for another few weeks. Expenses held us back from doing our typical themed parties. So we did the next best thing- we had an outside playdate party with friends!! And thank goodness we planned it when we did because it was the only nice day sprinkled in between lots of yucky days! I had emailed a bunch of the parents from Grant's grade the week before and said anyone is welcome to come play in our backyard! I wasn't sure who was going to show up, but it was a great turnout! Luckily, most of Grant's friends also have siblings who are Wyatt's friends, so a great time was had be everyone!!! I bought tiny little cupcakes and some juice boxes and that was the extent of it all! The kids just ran and played in the backyard for 2 solid hours!
In addition to their friends coming, we asked that no one bring presents. If they wanted to bring anything, we were collecting packages of toilet paper for the kids ministry at church to send to the Kansas City Rescue Mission. The boys were so grateful for their collection they received!
It was a great day celebrating our sweet guys! No fancy decorations, or festive food displays. Just good old fun with friends!!!



1 comment:
I think a friend playdate is a perfect party!! Yay, for great weather too! I bet the boys had a great time and felt very loved!! Good job Mama!
Post a Comment