We've done the traditional Christmas pickle for as long as I can remember! (Don't know what that is- read this: http://christmaspickletradition.com/pages/christmas-pickle-tradition). When I was growing up, the gift for whoever found the pickle first was a scratchers lottery ticket. As years went on, scratchers tickets became a staple in our stockings so looking for the pickle was just a fun tradition. Well, once Levi joined the family, he didn't think it was fun because he could NEVER find the pickle! My mom still hides one on the tree just for him ;)
But we do the pickle ornament at our house too! After we opened our presents on our Christmas Eve, I had our two pickles and I usually hide them way inside the tree and then they start looking for it right away! I must've hid them well this year because they looked and looked and looked and still had trouble! But eventually, they found them both!! And they each got a tiny Lego set!









1 comment:
Hahaha, I forgot about the Christmas pickle. I think you told me about this tradition or maybe not. ;)) I love this fun! Who doesn't like a game of find it?!
Post a Comment