Wyatt started basketball the first Saturday in September! I knew I was going to sign Grant up, so when I asked Wyatt if he wanted to play basketball, he said, "Yeah of course!" So he's on the roster for Junior Basketball!
He's got 8 boys on his "team." They play every Saturday morning in September. They learn the basics of basketball and work on basic techniques. The first week, they learned about the lines of the court, dribbling, and how to do a jump stop. Wyatt makes the cutest face when he dribbles- tongue out, just like Michael Jordan! So funny!! The second week, they worked on passing- chest pass, bounce pass, and overhead pass. They partnered up and he got paired up with a boy named Luke. He and Luke are definitely the most "with it" of the boys on his team. They made a great pair and did a great job with their passing! They also practiced dribbling down the court, passing to a player, then catching a pass to shoot. I helped out with his activity, so that was fun for me! The goals only go down to 8ft which is way too high for these kiddos, but they tried their mightiest! It's adorable!!
I hope basketball becomes something he really enjoys, just like his dad and I did when we were younger. Well, we still love to play, we're just....much older than we used to be! Based on Wyatt's current stature, I imagine he could be a pretty mighty point guard!
2 comments:
I love reading all your posts and seeing how the boys are doing. They are just adorable! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys.
We have basketball that starts up here this winter for Drew's age and you've inspired me to sign up!
Post a Comment