My boys literally jumped right from Halloween to Christmas. I can't say I blame them. I always get the Christmas itch the day after Halloween too. But that doesn't mean we haven't been enjoying the things the Thanksgiving season has to offer! We've been talking about being thankful for the things we have...as we do yet another clean out of the playroom! We've been singing lots of Thanksgiving songs, thanks to the boys' preschool! We've also been doing some Thanksgiving "homework" and projects! My parents are coming for Thanksgiving this year- the first time we've had any family members celebrate with us since we were engaged! So the next week will be filled with cooking and baking and LOTS of pumpkin pie!!!
One thing I decided to do this year was interview the boys about Thanksgiving. I was really curious as to what their answers would be! So here in their first ever Thanksgiving Interview!
- What are you thankful for?
- Grant: My family and my clubhouse.
- Wyatt: A Christmas tree and my Bub shares toys with me (that's Wyatt's new nickname for Grant)
- What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?
- Grant: The dessert!!!!
- Wyatt: OOOHHH!!! The pumpkin pie!
- If you could give $1 to anyone in the world, who would you give it to and why?
- Grant: To somebody that doesn't have any money because that would be so nice.
- Wyatt: To you Mom, because I love you so much!
- What is your favorite/least favorite Thanksgiving food?
- Grant: Turkey because I'm going to try it this year. And no thanks to mashed potatoes.
- Wyatt: Pumpkin pie for sure! Stuffing...yuck!
- Why are you thankful for your brother?
- Grant: Because I love him and he loves me.
- Wyatt: Because...he...well, shares toys with me.
- Why are you thankful for your dad?
- Grant: Because he puts up the Christmas lights early
- Wyatt: Because he is my best friend
- Why are you thankful for your mom?
- Grant: Because I love her
- Wyatt: Because I love her so much
- What do you want to say to God?
- Grant: Thank you for all the wonderful holidays and thanks for Baby Jesus.
- Wyatt: Thank you for Baby Jesus.
Pretty darn cute! Clearly they are excited for pumpkin pie!! We've also done a few crafts! I'm never surprised at the difference in work between Grant and Wyatt. Wyatt is very much by the books and likes to follow directions and make things just how they are supposed to be (Wyatt is like me!). But Grant makes it however he wants to, colors outside the lines, if you will (literally and figuratively!). So art projects in this house turn out very unique!
These q-tip dots are Wyatt's new obsession. He literally asks me to print them out at least three times a day! So I printed out these two pages and Grant decided he wanted to do one of them. As you can see, Grant took a different approach (his is the top paper)! Wyatt diligently dotted each circle!
This was another project that shows their creatives differences. I asked Wyatt where he thought each piece should go and I glued them down (mostly because the pieces were small and he was worried he would get glue "all over the place!"). Grant took an abstract approach I'm guessing. I asked him about how he decided to make his turkey and he said, "I just wanted it to be super silly!"
There was really only one way to do this one, so there wasn't much deviation! Grant's took about 24 hours to dry...I need to reiterate like they do at school- "Just a dot, not alot. Just a dab will do!"
In the end, we have some festive crafts and fun memories, from my crazy and unique little turkeys!
(Grant chose white for one of his feather color choices, against my obvious suggestion that it won't show up on the paper. Once again, my creative little guy!)
1 comment:
I love it! :) You're a great Mama!! We did why we were thankful for each other Tuesday night (I think) at the dinner table. Good stuff!
Post a Comment