Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lego Maniac

Grant discovered a love for Legos after a visit to Levi's parents back in October, where Levi found some of his old Lego sets and brought them home for Grant. He was hooked from the get-go. Then Christmas brought numerous Lego sets, as did his birthday! So now we have Legos practically coming out of our ears, but that's exactly how Grant likes it! Although he hasn't technically built anything from the sets that he has, he prefers to do it without directions, and just use his imagination. 
He recently has been starting his "private collection" as he calls them. I suppose you would say his "specialty" is building airplanes. He also likes to name them, such as the DT3000, or the T500S. I just love his ideas! I'm always blown away by the thought that goes into all his creations! Each piece has a purpose and each pieces is a perfect example of symmetry! I always liked building houses when I was a kid and everything had to be symmetrical (lets face it, everything in my life needs to be symmetrical) so I'm always amazed at how easily he grasps that concept! 
He usually his his "private collection" on display on the top of their bookshelf. Occasionally he will take one down and rebuild it, but mostly he just likes adding new pieces to his collection each day! 
I wonder where his love for Legos will take him!
Here is a small sampling of some of his creations! I love the top picture on the right- the boys got the Lego Hospital set for their birthday and they helped me build it. Both the expressions on their face are hysterical! The others were just creations he asked me to take pictures of! He's pretty proud of his work too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love that lego shirt!