Monday, March 25, 2013

Old Papa's Farm

One of my very favorite memories from my childhood is when we would spend the day at my Grandma and Grandpa's farm with my cousins. Those really were some of the best days of my life! To be carefree, surrounded by loving family, and acres of farm to explore- there really isn't much more a kid could need! I'm hoping my boys are already creating these memories in their hearts and will continue to for many more years to come! (See THIS post and THIS post about other farm visits!)
It's a little bit different now that my Grandma has to watch us from Heaven, as opposed to the back window, but you still get the same feeling when you drive down the dirt road and pull through the gate into their long, windy driveway. 
This weekend, as the boys and I left Kansas City, we stopped by Old Papa's farm to visit. The weather was cold, wet, and pretty yucky, so I knew there wouldnt be any exploring going on in this visit. Just a friendly chat with Old Papa. (And numerous spins by the boys in Gigi's bamboo chairs- another favorite memory!).
I snapped just a few pictures to start adding to my boys collection of farm pictures!
 This is the view when you first turn onto their drveway. There used to be a framed out gate that no longer stands, but this rock will probably always be there!
The boys love their Old Papa!
And new traditions to make- visiting the cemetery. I found this little frog light that I know will shine to Heaven. I know my Grandma loves it!! And driving down the driveway- I suppose its a tradition I used to do as well, but now my boys get to partake too!!

I'm hoping to make another trip out there this spring when the weather is nice and the boys can run around with their cousins!! Here's to years and years of memories to come!

No comments: