Monday, March 25, 2013

March 15, 2013

I was like a kid at Christmas, anticipating waking up to that 15th day of March! I know the boys were excited too! When I greeted them as they woke up and I sang Happy Birthday to them, they said, "Today is really our birthday?!?" They were so excited! It was a Friday, which means that Grant didn't have school. So we got to take our morning slowly! It started off with birthday pancakes, a yearly tradition. What turns a pancake into a birthday pancake is its made with sprinkles inside, and a candle on top! I sang Happy Birthday to them again, and they blew out their candle!
Then it was on to Birthday Crowns! Grant got a crown from school the day before, when he celebrated his birthday. So, it would be only fair for Wyatt to have one too. So I traced Grant's crown and let Wyatt decorate his own! They proudly sported those crowns for the rest of the afternoon! 
The rest of the morning/afternoon was spent running a few errands and getting party details ready! Daddy got home from work early and took the boys to Cici's Pizza for lunch at Atwoods for a candy treat! They got home in time to get a rest and as soon as they woke up, Mimi and PawPaw were here!!  They brought in the boys' presents, so we went ahead and opened them because what is your actual birthday without opening a present?! Their little faces lit up with excitement as they opened each and every little gift! They were so appreciative! Ninjago stuff, Switch N Go Dino's, and Rescue Bots-what more could a 5 and 3 year old boy ask for?!
After presents, Mimi and PawPaw took the boys to their hotel to go swimming! They had an absolute blast with that, of course!!!
So that was March 15, 2013 in a nutshell! It was a wonderful day celebrating my two favorite little guys in the whole world!! But of course, that night, I was still like a kid on Christmas, awaiting the next morning to see all the party festivities begin....

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Looks like a fun day for sure! :)