The boys had a case of the sniffles last week. And Grant's school had a massive case of the flu. Being the sick-a-phobic mom I am (I seriously have anxiety just thinking about my kids being sick), I decided to keep Grant home from school on Wednesday. I half expected the day to be a lounging in pajamas watching TV kind of day. Well, turns out the boys instead had an extreme case of the energies that just needed to be harnessed. So what does any other mom who stays home with two rambunctious boys ALL day do- turn to Pinterest of course!
I had already wanted to do some Valentine's Day crafts with my fellas, so it was a good excuse to work on those. I found a few ideas I thought would be do-able, and we got to work!
We made symmetry hearts and handprint heart trees! The symmetry hearts were made by just painting on half of the heart and folding it, but the boys thought was the coolest thing!! Of course, sprinkling glitter on it made it even cooler! For the handprint tree, I actually used a potato, cut in half, and shaped with a cookie cutter to make the heart. The boys thought that was weird, but cool! Since lots of painting was involved, inevitably, a bath was involved too! We made bathtub paint. (Ironic how painting led to a bath where they did more painting?!?) But this paint was made of soap, so it was clean and fun!!
And all these projects us took us to lunchtime! Not the grandiose plans I had imagined, but hey, we made it to lunchtime! And then after lunchtime comes....NAPTIME!!!! Success!!

I am so thankful I get the opportunity to be home with my boys and do projects and play and just spend quality time. Not all our time is quality, that's for sure, so when we have moments like these, I really try to embrace the gift I have been given!! Ya know, like naptime! :)

2 comments:
LOVE! You should really start a blog on being one KICK-A$$ mom who is amazeballs at crafts! :)
Sarah, you are too sweet!!!
Post a Comment