Monday, March 19, 2012

New House Tour, Part 1

I'm slowly taking pictures of each room in the house as I get to where I want it. Everything is about there, but it doesn't all stay clean at one time to just walk around and take pictures of every room. So I'm here to show you the first two completed rooms in the house- the boys' room and the living room! 
I love how the boys' room turned out! The bunk beds we bought match the dresser, toy box, and bookshelf to a T. (Funny enough, none of the pieces were bought in the same year or from the same store. We are just THAT good!) Grant's quilt that my mom made works perfectly on the big wall! And the wall art I made for the boys and Wyatt's name balance the wall on the other side! The boys absolutely love their room!
And the living room!! We love it and everything really fell into place! We were so excited to have the electric fireplace, but to know it had TV hookups was awesome! Levi built a little shelf to put the TV on so our components could slide underneath. Amazing! We got a desk cabinet (to the left of the window) from World Market to hold our computer and one of the printers, plus all the officey stuff I didn't want anyone to see. I'm in love with it!  I'd been wanting to do a gallery wall since we lived in Florida. I did a tiny one there, but I knew I wanted a large one at this house. We had the perfect wall and used our old entertainment center to balance it (and hold our wireless printer and more office stuff). A little touch of red curtains and new throw pillows and our living room was done! As Wyatt would say, "Ta-da!"

Stay tuned for more pictures!

5 comments:

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

These rooms look so great!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Can't wait to see the rest. ~Meredith

Lisa said...

Wow! The living room looks amazing! I love the set up! And how fun for the boys to share a room! Lily wants Janie to sleep in her room so badly!

Maureen said...

Wow! You've been working hard!!! It looks so nice and very homey. We still haven't hung up even one picture. Some day we'll get there! I love your gallery wall - I may be trying something like that myself some day!!!

Sarah said...

Looks great! Love the "B" wall! :)

Jennifer M said...

Everything looks amazing, Laura! You're so talented. It looks like a home already! :-)