I remember when I could say Grant's age by the month, without having to do any math! Now I have to do some multiplication just to figure it out! Guess that means my little guy is getting way to big!! He hits the Big 4 next month, and I just can't believe it!
He continues to amaze me everyday by the way his mind works! He's such an imaginative kid! And he also has an amazing memory! He loves to tell knock-knock jokes (even though they make no sense!) and laughs hysterically at himself!! He's got a great sense of humor, for sure! (As I type this, he ran in to my room and said, "TaDa- Banana Pants! That's silly, bananas don't wear pants!)
He knows all his letters- uppercase and lowercase- and the sounds they all make. He's even starting to sound words out, so I think turning 4 will bring lots of educational growth! He loves to do "school games" with me FINALLY! He can count to 18 and recognizes numbers 0-9. He still needs some work on fine motor skills, such as tracing letters and cutting. But he tries hard! He loves making letter E's! He recognizes all coins, shapes, and is awesome at making patterns! He will start preschool when we move, at some point, so I can only imagine the lengths he will grow!
He learned how to ride a bike with no training wheels! It's amazing watching him take off and just go go go! I can't wait to get to our new house where we have a whole street and culdesac for him to ride!
We still struggle with his eating habits, as he still does not try new things! We keep telling him when he turns 4 he has to start eating like a grown up, so we'll see how he takes to that! He just started coming out of his room, for the first time. So we got him a clock that lights up when its ok to come out of his room. He gets up in the morning and comes out and he says, "I woke up like a grown up!"
He loves watching Octonauts, Mike the Knight, and Max and Ruby. He pretends to be a different character everyday and I can only call him by his character name! He's so funny about that!
He wears a 4T (and sometimes 5T) in shirts and 4T in shorts/pants. He wears a 9.5 shoe. He went to the doctor last week and was 39in. and 34lbs. His legs have grown like crazy since last summer, since all his shorts are now way above his knee!
Hopefully the transition to the new house will be good to him! Hopefully he will be happy with the fact that his little brother will also be his roommate!
I can't wait to see all the amazing things you do when you turn 4 kiddo!!
I LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment