On Wyatt's 3.5 month old birthday, Wyatt celebrated by enjoying some baby food for the very first time!! Let's just say Wyatt is in need of some extra fiber, if you catch my drift. His pediatrician said he was old enough and strong enough to give it a whirl. So I picked up a couple of jars of sweet potatoes and carrots and a new set of spoons!! It seems like it was sooooo long ago that I started this with Grant- and after looking back on Grant's 1st year calendar, he started baby food June 28th, so they are pretty much dead on! We started in the Bumbo, but after a while Wyatt started to slump over and then found the middle part of the Bumbo seat a fun chew toy, so we changed over to the bouncy seat so he was a little more reclined. He definitely LOVED the sweet potatoes!! He didn't quite know how to work his tongue and spoon at the same time, but he seemed to really enjoy himself. It's definitely going to take some time to get him used to the whole thing, but its fun to start this adventure with him!
I think he's going to like this whole baby food thing!!
We did have a dr. appt. that morning and Wyatt weighed in at 12 lbs. 11oz. (which puts him in the 25th percentile). I didn't get his other measurements, but those will come at his 4 month appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment