Thursday, March 15, 2018

Grant @ 10 Years Old


Well, here we are- double digits! Two WHOLE hands old!! I just can't believe it. I blinked and somehow my baby boy turned into a growing young man!! My goodness!!
Grant, you are an AWESOME kid!! I have a hard time describing you because sometimes I feel like there aren't the right words that can adequately sum you up! You are so unique and special- definitely one of a kind!! Your brain is always ON and the gears are always turning up something incredible!! For a 10 year old, your imagination is still fully powered! I'm constantly amazed at the games you come up with, or stories you write, or inventions you make. You dream so many dreams for yourself and I LOVE that! One minute you're talking about being a shark hunter when you grow up, the next minute you're talking about being a KU basketball player, and the next minute you're talking about building skyscrapers! And no doubt in my mind you can do ANYTHING if you put your mind to it!! One thing you always say is that you're going to do something that will change the world, and I don't doubt that for one second!!!
School has been going so great this year! You love your teacher, which helps tremendously with you're blasé attitude about most things regarding school. You say things like, "I had to sit through math class" or "I had to suffer through language arts." Most things involving school and homework is a chore. You do enjoy art projects and researching topics, but you still consider your favorite subjects to be lunch and recess ;-)
You had a great basketball season that just wrapped up and you improved SO much!! You loved playing defense best- you used your big body for sure!! You're already excited for next season. In the meantime, you've had a lot of interest in learning how to play an instrument and can't wait til 4th grade because you can do strings. You're ultimate goal is to play saxophone or some instrument in a marching band. I would totally love that!!
You've been very involved at church this year. You went from serving in the nursery to serving as a song leader in Kids Worship Jr. All the little kids love you so much! And so do the grown ups- they're always asking you to do this and that for them because they know you're game for anything!! I think they have big plans for you there at church, and it'll be neat to see you grow in that area!
You and Wyatt are still best buddies and love to pal around together! You rarely ask for friends to come play because you just enjoy the time you and Wyatt have together. You're still working on not being selfish and being the typical "bossy" older brother. Wyatt gets so frustrated with you sometimes, but hopefully you're working on it in your heart! You guys love playing Legos, Minecraft, scootering outside, Squinkies/Hatchimals, army guys, Imaginext, and then whatever imaginary games you play with guns in the backyard. I love your imaginary games!!! Our weeks are pretty busy with Wyatt's practices, small group, and the small amount of homework we have, so you are definitely craving summer where you guys have endless time to play!! ME TOO!
I am just so in awe that you're 10 years old now Grant.  You have had my heart wrapped around your little tiny finger before I ever met you and you always will. My big kid is growing up before my very eyes and I could not be more proud to be your mom. I'm so excited to watch you grow into this new stage of life. Don't get me wrong- I'm grieving the loss of your early years and how fast they truly went. I hope I am guiding your heart in the way the Lord has designed you to be. I pray endlessly that you remain a strong, healthy, kind, and loving boy and that you will be lead by the Lord in whatever you do! While I like to think I have control over you, God is the one who owns your heart and I pray that you are always open to hearing what He has to tell you. 
Because Grant- I think it's something amazing!!!
I love you Grant!

No comments: