Sunday, December 24, 2017

White Christmas!!!!

You could wish and hope all year long and even sing the song in your head, but there is nothing as magical as a White Christmas!!!!! We haven't had a flake of snow all season and as the buzz of a white Christmas began a week before, we were all wishing and hoping that we would get a tiny Christmas miracle!!!! AND WE DID!!!! It snowed overnight, so when Grant ran into our room at 7:00 to yell, "SANTA CAME," he also said, "AND IT SNOWED!!!!" We'd already peeked out our bedroom window and saw that it had, I was so excited for them to experience the joy of, not only seeing what Santa brought, but also seeing a white Christmas! You know, its the little things in life!!
So after seeing what Santa brought, opening daddy's presents and our stockings, the boys threw on my boots and took a little stomp around!!!


 We were leaving for Western Kansas in a few hours, so I was bustling around preparing for us to leave and Levi was outside shoveling the driveway, so I told the boys they could go out and play in the snow! I didn't have to tell them twice :) But goodness, it was soooooo cold! 


As I was in the kitchen, I was looking out the window and realized I didn't know where they were and didn't hear Levi shoveling anymore! I looked out the other window towards the backyard and saw some people walking down the sidewalk heading out to sled, and I thought, "Awww, there's some kids off to sled with their dad!" Then I realized those people belonged to me!! Levi took them to the big hill at the airport to sled! But gosh darn, it was so cold, they only made a few runs before walking back home! But sure was fun while it lasted!!!
Now, they are hoping for at least one BIG snow, now that winter has officially arrived!!!

No comments: