My mother-in-law went all out this year when she thought of Cousin Camp!! Since its an Olypmic year, she thought was better theme than Cousin Camp- Olympic Style!!! Complete with different events outside- long jump, javelin, shot put, obstacle course, triathlon, balance beam, and ring toss! And inside with a science olympiad with at least 10 different experiments! Oh how much fun the kids had!! Truly the best Cousin Camp yet!! With an 8-year old, two 6-year olds, a 5.5 year old, a 3.5 year-old and a 2 year-old, its not easy finding activities they all like to do! But between every event, they all loved something!!
I could tell Barb had been working for months to get ready for the big day!! No detail was overlooked!! It really was the best cousin camp yet!
We all had our USA colors ready to go!! The kids got their USA shirts on and it was time for the opening ceremonies to begin!
They each entered with a torch and "lit" the main torch altogether, while the Olympic song played in the background.
Let the games begin!!!!
I was the photographer for the day, but I don't have the pictures on my computer! Plus I took about 250 so there is no way I could ever decide which pictures to post on here, so we will leave it with these few!
The "bubble in a bubble" science experiment was by far everyones favorite!!!!
Of course, we did our annual Drive-In movie! This year's movie was perfectly themed- Rio!!
Oh, and since Grant's turn for assistant camp director was last year, and he still really wanted a part- Grandma told him to put together a few magic tricks for the kids. The favorite was the "now you see him, now you don't'' trick!!
Grandma always makes the cousins a photo book of cousin camp so I know the boys will get to relive their cousin camp memories through that, thank goodness!! It was such a memorable day for all these cousins!!! Great job, Grandma Barb!!!









2 comments:
Such a great theme!I can't wait to do our Olympic theme & the Olympics!! Y'all packed a lot of fun in 1 day and I love the picture of all the kiddos! So much cuteness & fun!
It looks like Wyatt has outgrown the girls too! :))
Post a Comment