For as long as Wyatt has been out of his crib, going on three+ years now, he wakes up and comes to my bed and hops in. Most of the time, he's barely awake and stumbles under the covers. Some days he's been awake a while before he comes in and has some silly story or joke to tell me as he walks in my room. But what doesn't change is that he comes in bed, finds his little niche on my shoulder, sticks his lovey behind his head and his thumb in his mouth. Sometimes the snuggles last ten seconds as he proclaims, "I'm hungry," or "Can I watch a show now?" or Grant comes in and jumps on the bed and the calmness is gone. Some days they can last for 15-20 minutes. Obviously, most days I've been awake for quite a while, either laying in bed watching the news or taking a shower, but I always make sure to be laying in bed around 7:00, which is almost to the minute of when he wakes up, so we can start our morning off with snuggles. Because honestly, can you think of a better way to start your day??
One morning, I got to snuggle BOTH boys!!!
I love these precious moments more than I can even describe. Wyatt has the most sensitive and nurturing little heart. He oftenntime strokes my cheek or pats my arm. And he has this way of "ooooohing," almost like a cat purring. I know one of these morning, it will just stop. He will head downstairs without even telling he's awake. I never know when this snuggle will be my last snuggle, so I'm soaking in every one I can!!!
1 comment:
Special times! Sweet boy snuggles are the best!
Post a Comment