Thursday, March 12, 2015

Gymnastics Stars

The boys just finished up their third session of gymnastics!! They have loved every second of it and have come so far!! I love watching them grow and learn!!
Grant started off in Level I gym and then when I realized I meant to sign him up for Boys Gym Level I, I switched him over to that the second session and that's where he's been ever since. He is in class with his friend, Drew, and quite a few other boys. He has two teenage boy instructors and seems to think they are the coolest guys he knows! I see him goof off with the other boys a lot and not pay attention as much as I would like him to, but I've also seen him get stronger and stronger, so I know he's working hard regardless! I told him we would do one more session this spring, and then we'd take the summer off. But he said, "No! I want to keep going! I want to be a gymnastics instructor when I grow up so I need all the practice I can get!" Well, I can't argue with that, so looks like we will be doing gymnastics year round!! Blue Valley has such a great program, I'm happy to keep him in as long as he likes it!!!
 Wyatt started off in Pre-Gym Level I in the fall. After the first session, he moved up to Level II and just finished his second session there. Although, he just graduated up to Level III and will start right after Spring Break! He's so funny- the back of his certificate has a report card that shows the skills he's been working on and is scored with either Excellent, Satisfactory, or Needs Work. As soon as his instructor gave him his certificate, he turned it over and counted how many Excellents he had. He had about half Excellents and half Satisfactory. He was bummed and a little confused on how he could graduate without all excellents. But I told him he would work on those skills in Level III too. He also proceeded to look at all his classmates certificates too and count how many excellents they had as well. He is quite the overachiever! But the apple doesn't fall far- I was the same way!

The next session starts right after Spring Break and I can't wait to see what my little gymnasts do next!