Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Flashback

Bet you didn't expect to see this picture...EVER!! Yep, that's me and the bus that I drove while working at Malena's Mini School is Pensacola, FL. This was definitely not under my job description when I agreed to work there. I signed on to work in the baby room (babies 12-18 months), then got hired on to teach Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten. The VPK teacher I was replacing was the current morning bus driver, so that got tacked on to my list of responsibilities. It was the WORST job I have EVER had!! Not the teaching part, just the 30 minutes of driving that damn bus!! It was old, smelly, loud, and filled with some of the most obnoxious children. Did I mention it served double duty as an illegitimate homeless shelter at nights? Yeah, I laughed at myself everyday knowing that this was part of my job. When we moved from Pensacola to Jacksonville and I got a new driver's license, I told them I wanted the CDL taken off. The lady behind the desk said, "You realize that if you ever want to drive a commercial vehicle again, you'll have take the test all over again." My response: "There won't be an AGAIN!"

2 comments:

Erin said...

For some reason, Jeremy won't remember your name...he likes to call you the Bus Driver...He thinks it's too funny that you drove a bus:-) Glad your commercial driving days are over:-)

Unknown said...

LOL! That is too funny! I do NOT have fond memories of Malena's Mini School - UGH!